(Adds Snam, Thyssenkrupp AG, G4S (CSE: G4S ) Plc, Quadient SA, Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd and DBS Group Holdings Ltd; updates Bertelsmann)
Nov 25 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1430 GMT on Wednesday:
** German media group Bertelsmann said it would purchase publisher Simon & Schuster for $2.175 billion in cash from ViacomCBS, strengthening its presence in the United States, its second-largest market. The head of Italian gas group Snam SRG.MI said on Wednesday he was proud Greek gas group DESFA had won a bid to run a liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant in Kuwait. Thyssenkrupp TKAG.DE could give Britain's Liberty Steel access to the books of its steel unit as soon as next week, three people familiar with the matter said. Private security firm G4S GFS.L urged its shareholders to turn down GardaWorld's bid for the company and said it plans to resume dividend payments next year. The biggest investor in French software firm Quadient QDT.PA is calling on the board to consider a potential private equity bid worth more than 350 million euros for part of the company, according to a letter seen by Reuters. The Indian government has approved the merger of crisis-hit Lakshmi Vilas Bank LVLS.NS into the Indian unit of Southeast Asia's largest lender DBS DBSM.SI . Jiangsu Shagang Co Ltd 002075.SZ , the listed arm of China's top private steelmaker Shagang Group, plans to enter the data center industry through a 18.8 billion yuan ($2.86 billion) deal to diversify its operational risks and increase profits. Nestle (NS: NEST ) NESN.S has agreed to sell its Yinlu peanut milk and canned rice porridge businesses in China to Food Wise Co Ltd, a company controlled by the family of Yinlu founder Chen Qingshui, the world's largest packaged food group said. Retailer Kingfisher KGF.L said it had bought European home improvement service marketplace NeedHelp for about 10 million euros in cash to extend the services it could provide customers and boost its digital capabilities. British roadside recovery company AA Plc AAAA.L agreed a sale to private equity groups Warburg Pincus International and TowerBrook Capital Partners in a deal that digs a popular UK institution out of financial problems deepened by the coronavirus pandemic. British publisher Future PLC FUTR.L agreed to buy GoCo Group GOCO.L , the owner of Go Compare, one of Britain's leading price comparison sites for financial products, in a deal valued at 594 million pounds ($792.87 million), the companies announced. Norwegian real estate firm Entra ENTRA.OL has turned down a proposed takeover by Sweden's Castellum CAST.ST , the two companies said sending Entra's shares down 3.4%. Chinese private equity firm CITIC Capital plans to take private AsiaInfo Technologies Ltd 1675.HK in a deal that could value the telecom software provider at about $1.8 billion, two people with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters. India's National Stock Exchange (NSE) privately warned Future Retail (NS: FURE ) FRTL.NS it risked regulatory action for not making timely market disclosures about efforts by Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN ) to block a disputed asset sale, according to e-mails reviewed by Reuters.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.