(Adds Nitori Holdings; Updates Petra Diamonds)
Oct 20 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1330 GMT on Tuesday:
** Privately held Indian developer RMZ Corp has sold 12.5 million square feet of its real estate assets to Brookfield Asset Management Inc BAMa.TO for $2 billion, the Canadian asset manager said. Japanese furniture retailer Nitori Holdings Co 9843.T is considering making a bid for Shimachu Co 8184.T that would challenge an offer for the home improvement retailer made by DCM Holdings 3050.T , the Nikkei business daily reported. The parent company of Dutch fast fashion retailer C&A CEAB3.SA denied a report that it was seeking to sell its controlling stake in the brand's Brazilian unit, according to a securities filing. Activist investor Starboard Value boosted its stake in ACI Worldwide Inc ACIW.O to 9%, according to a regulatory filing, that helped push the payment systems company's stock up more than 3% in afterhours trading. Italy's CDP and investment funds Macquarie and Blackstone (NYSE: BX ) have presented a proposal to buy Atlantia 's ATL.MI 88% stake in motorway unit Autostrade per l'Italia, the Italian state lender said. Australian billionaire Andrew Forrest has taken over full control of a A$250 million ($176 million) gas import terminal in New South Wales, buying out stakes held by Japan's JERA and Marubeni Corp 8002.T in a push to speed up the project. Intel Corp INTC.O has agreed to sell its NAND memory chip business to SK Hynix Inc 000660.KS for $9 billion in an all-cash deal that would propel the South Korean chipmaker to second in the global rankings. Singapore-based data centre operator Princeton Digital Group (PDG) said it has signed a deal for a $360 million investment led by Canadian pension fund Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board. Petra Diamonds PDL.L has abandoned plans to sell the business in favour of a debt-for-equity restructuring, it said, sending its shares lower because of the deal's dilutive effect on existing stakeholders. Private equity group Advent International will have a stake of 11.4% and China's Alibaba (NYSE: BABA ) BABA.N 6.1% in Dufry DUFN.S after a capital increase that raised 820 million Swiss francs ($901 million), the Swiss duty free company said. South Africa's supermarket chain Pick n Pay PIKJ.J said it had concluded an agreement to buy on-demand online grocery delivery firm Bottles to strengthen its e-commerce business.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.