(Adds Noble Energy , CVC Capital, J.C. Penney, MasMovil, Astute; updates LVMH)
Sept 9 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Wednesday:
** CVC Capital Partners and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) are exploring a sale or initial public offering of Petco Animal Supplies Inc that could value it at $6 billion, including debt, Bloomberg News reported. Activist investor Elliott Management is seeking to break up Noble Energy Inc's NBL.O $5 billion sale to oil major Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ) CVX.N , a Bloomberg reporter tweeted. J.C. Penney Co Inc's JCP.N landlords reached a tentative deal to rescue the beleaguered department store chain from bankruptcy proceedings, averting a liquidation that would have threatened roughly 70,000 jobs, a company lawyer said during a brief court hearing. The largest shareholder known to have held out against a bid by three U.S. funds to buy Spanish telecom operator MasMovil MASM.MC has decided to accept the offer after all, MasMovil said, two days before a deadline to decide. U.S. software company Astute has acquired Czech-based social media analytics firm Socialbakers, the companies said on Wednesday. French luxury goods giant LVMH abandoned its $16 billion takeover of Tiffany, a deal that has lost its gloss in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, setting the stage for a bitter battle as the U.S. jeweler sued to force it through. Haymaker Acquisition Corp II HYAC.O , a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), said it will merge with GPM Investments in a deal worth $1.4 billion that will take the U.S. convenience chain operator public. Joint administrators of Britain's Intu Properties said Cale Street Investments (CSI) has taken full ownership of the company's Derby shopping centre, the first in Intu's portfolio to change hands after it went into administration. A consortium led by insurer Arch Capital Group Ltd ACGL.O has made an approximately $500 million offer to acquire reinsurance firm Watford Holdings Ltd WTRE.O , people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday. Reliance Industries Ltd RELI.NS said U.S. private equity firm Silver Lake Partners will invest $1.02 billion in its retail business, helping the Mukesh Ambani-controlled company widen its lead as India's biggest retailer. Oil and gas producer Kosmos Energy KOS.N said it had agreed to sell certain exploration assets in Africa and South America to a unit of Royal Dutch Shell RDSa.L for up to $200 million. Vietnam's first domestic car manufacturer, Vinfast, said it had bought GM Holden's Lang Lang Testing Centre in Australia, as part of its efforts to expand internationally.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.