(Adds Thyssenkrupp, PGS, Thomson Reuters; updates Thermo Fisher)
Aug 13 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Thursday:
** Thermo Fisher TMO.N has walked away from its takeover deal with Qiagen QIA.DE after the German genetic testing specialist's earnings were boosted by coronavirus diagnostics, leaving its shareholders reluctant to cash out. Fatburger owner Fat Brands Inc FAT.O said it would buy 1950s diner-style chain Johnny Rockets from private equity firm Sun Capital Partners Inc for about $25 million. EU antitrust regulators will decide by Sept. 16 whether to clear French payments company Worldline's WLN.PA 7.8-billion-euro ($9.23 billion) buy of rival Ingenico INGC.PA to create a European leader. The billionaire founder of Japanese online fashion store Zozo Inc 3092.T , Yusaku Maezawa, acquired large stakes in two Japanese apparel companies including multi-brand retailer United Arrows 7606.T , regulatory filings showed.
** Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP ) Inc ROP.N said it would buy Vertafore Inc, a private equity-owned insurance software vendor, for about $5.35 billion, in what would be its largest takeover deal to date. Australian diversified miner South 32 Ltd S32.AX said it would sell its entire stake in manganese alloy smelter Tasmanian Electro Metallurgical Company (TEMCO) to UK-based conglomerate GFG Alliance. Oil major Royal Dutch Shell RDSa.L plans to buy a 50% stake in India-based Nayara Energy's up to $9 billion planned petrochemical project, a source familiar with the matter said. China's ByteDance is in early talks with Reliance Industries Ltd RELI.NS for an investment in its video-based app TikTok's business in India, TechCrunch reported, citing sources. German specialty chemicals maker Lanxess LXSG.DE said it has agreed to sell its organic leather chemicals business in a deal worth up to 195 million euros ($230 million) as part of its push to reduce its reliance on the auto industry. China plans to merge domestic broker First Capital Securities 002797.SZ with smaller rival Capital Securities, three sources said, underscoring Beijing's determination to consolidate the brokerage industry to take on the giants of Wall Street. Thyssenkrupp TKAG.DE expects revised offers for its plant-building activities by no later than the end of September, finance chief Klaus Keysberg said. Seismic surveyor PGS PGS.OL said it had rejected a $600 million offer for its geophysical data library from rival TGS TGS.OL , arguing that the bid undervalued the assets and that a sale would hurt its strategy. Thomson Reuters Corp TRI.TO , TRI.N has acquired CaseLines, a cloud-based court document and evidence management platform, the news and information provider said on Thursday, without disclosing financial terms.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.