(Adds Blackstone (NYSE: BX ) Group)
Aug 5 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Wednesday:
** Blackstone Group Inc BX.N said it agreed to acquire genealogy provider Ancestry.com Inc from private equity rivals for $4.7 billion, including debt, placing a big bet on family-tree chasing as well as personalized medicine. British motor insurer Hastings HSTG.L has agreed to be bought by Finland's Sampo SAMPO.HE and South Africa's Rand Merchant Investment (RMI) RMIJ.J in a cash deal valuing it at 1.66 billion pounds, the insurers said. Teladoc Health Inc DOC.N has agreed to buy chronic care provider Livongo Health Inc LVGO.O in a deal valuing the company at $18.5 billion that bets on a boom in online care and consultations spurred by the coronavirus crisis. The Namibian Competition Commission has blocked the sale of Schwenk Namibia's stake in Ohorongo Cement to West China Cement 2233.HK over fears the deal could lead to anti-competitive behaviour in the local market, the regulator said. Telecom Italia (TIM) TLIT.MI shares rose by more than 5% as investors anticipated an acceleration of talks with Open Fiber to create a single ultra-fast broadband network in Italy. Italy's wealthy Benetton family pledged to sell the stake they will receive in Atlantia 's ATL.MI Autostrade per l'Italia subsidiary once the unit is spun off under divestment plans currently being discussed. Telkom Kenya said it was no longer looking to merge its business with the Kenyan unit of India's Bharti Airtel BRTI.NS , citing challenges of securing the required regulatory approvals for the deal. Brazilian telecom Oi SA OIBR4.SA ended exclusive negotiations with Highline do Brasil, a portfolio company of U.S. private equity firm Digital Colony, for the sale of its mobile assets, a source familiar with the matter said. China's biggest video game and social media company Tencent Holdings 0700.HK is driving a merger of Twitch-like game streaming platforms Douyu DY8Ay.F and Huya HUYA.N , as it seeks to consolidate its dominance in the industry. Itochu Corp's 8001.T tender offer price of 2,300 yen a share for the rest of convenience store FamilyMart Co 8028.T is the maximum it would offer, the trading house's Chief Financial Officer Tsuyoshi Hachimura said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.