(Adds MKB Bank, HERA and Iren)
June 19 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Friday:
** Hungary's MKB Bank BLGGM.UL said it was considering acquiring a stake in Croatia's Slatinska Banka SNBA.ZA . Italian utilities HERA HRA.MI , Iren IREE.MI and Dolomiti Energia together with Alperia have submitted bids for minority stakes in the company that will result from the planned merger of rivals AIM Vicenza and AGSM Verona, a source close to the matter said. South Korean sports-utility vehicle maker SsangYong Motor 003620.KS is looking for a potential buyer after India's Mahindra and Mahindra MAHM.NS said it could give up its majority stake in the struggling company. Deutsche Telekom DTEGn.DE will retain control of T-Mobile TMUS.O should Japan's Softbank 9984.T liquidate its stake, CEO Tim Hoettges said as he vowed to claim top spot in the U.S. market. Unilever Plc ULVR.L said it is buying a chain of laundromats in Brazil to be renamed Omo, after the world's No. 2 laundry detergent, in what the consumer goods giant said could be a precursor to other similar deals elsewhere. Brazil iron ore miner Vale SA VALE3.SA said in a securities filing that its Canadian subsidiary had reached an agreement to sell a 20% stake in the nickel producer PT Vale Indonesia to state-controlled PT Indonesia Asahan (Inalum). Brazilian state-run oil firm Petrobras has kicked off a sale process for its Atum, Curima, Espada and Xareu offshore oilfields, the company said. Australia's foreign investment board will not oppose Ayala Corp 's AC.PS takeover bid for Infigen Energy IFN.AX , a law firm representing the Philippine firm said, days after Spain's Iberdrola (MC: IBE ) offered more for the solar and wind firm. Blackstone (NYSE: BX ), Bain Capital and Taisho Pharmaceutical are among the final bidders for Takeda Pharmaceutical's 4502.T consumer drug business in Japan, a deal that could be worth up to 400 billion yen ($3.7 billion), three people familiar with the deal said. Volvo owner Geely is set to take over an automaker battered by a prolonged sales decline exacerbated by the impact of the novel coronavirus, said three people with knowledge of the matter, in an indication of how the pandemic is stoking consolidation. Swiss Re SRENH.S will disband its Life Capital business unit after wrapping up the sale of its British ReAssure business later this year, the reinsurer said, adding the unit's head, Thierry Leger, will become its new chief underwriting officer.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.