By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The private sector scheduled commercial bank DCB Bank Ltd (NS: DCBA ) released its earnings results for the June ending quarter on July 30, posting a multi-fold jump in net profit on a YoY basis.
Its standalone profit rallied 188% YoY to Rs 97 crore during the June 2022 quarter, backed by a steep fall in provisions. The provisions and contingencies for bad loans plunged 77.6% YoY to Rs 35 crore during the quarter.
Its net interest income climbed 21% YoY to Rs 374 crore, aided by significant loan growth, while total income grew marginally to Rs 466 crore from Rs 430 crore.
The non-interest income advanced 12.3% YoY to Rs 374 crore in the reporting quarter, while operating profit lowered 17.8% YoY to Rs 166 crore.
The private lender’s asset health during the quarter under focus improved, as gross NPA reduced to 4.21% from 4.91% in the year-ago period and net NPA stood at 1.82% compared to 2.84% in Q1 FY22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.