By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com -- Barclays analyst Jiong Shao said in a research note Thursday that he is confident in Sea Ltd (NYSE: SE ) despite the recent sell-off that has seen its shares fall 50% so far in 2022.
Shao explained that while the company's fiscal 2022 guidance was "clearly disappointing," its e-commerce outlook was "solidly ahead" of expectations, and Sea is historically conservative in guidance.
He added that gaming is legacy for the company, and its future is in e-commerce and fintech.
Shao lowered the firm's price target on Sea to $201 from $218, explaining that the company has has "enough dry powder to drive ecommerce biz despite softer cash flow from gaming.”
“We consider the current sell-off, due to weaker gaming, a buying opportunity,” concluded Shao.
Despite the positive comments, Sea shares are down 6.5% Thursday.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.