- From next week he will continue to be monitored and under home arrest.
- A court panel in the Netherlands had previously rejected the bail.
Alexey Pertsev, the creator of Tornado Cash, will be released on certain conditions. After sanctions were placed on the crypto mixing service by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) in August, he was arrested by Dutch police.
The developer of Tornado Cash reportedly received some kind of redress from a Dutch court. From the beginning of next week on, he will continue to be monitored and under home arrest. No official accusations have been brought against Alexey Pertsev, who has been in pre-trial custody since August.
Moreover, the crypto community was outraged by the arrest of developer Pertsev and took to the streets in protest. A court panel in the Netherlands had previously rejected bail, citing a high likelihood of absconding.
TORN Price Rallies
The next court date is on April 21, and further investigation is set for May 24. Keith Cheng, Alexey Pertsev’s attorney, plans to refute the prosecution’s contention that his client and others managed Tornado as a company rather than just releasing code.
The value of Tornado Cash (TORN) has increased by more than 20% in the last day and is now trading at $9.44. The 24-hour low is $8.49, and the 24-hour high is $10.88 as per CMC (NS: CMC ).
Furthermore, in the previous 24 hours, there has been a 406% increase in trading volume, suggesting a rise in interest among investors. Moreover, if Alexey Pertsev, the developer of Tornado Cash, is granted freedom, the price of TORN is expected to soar even higher, according to experts.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.