The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures jumped 1.7 percent to a more than seven-month high on Thursday, tracking strength in overnight U.S. soyoil and on bullish forecasts for the vegetable oil, though the market pared gains towards the end of the session. POI/
* U.S. soybean futures fell for the first time in five sessions on Thursday on new concerns that the U.S.-China trade war may stretch beyond a March 1 deal deadline, with the two countries' leaders unlikely to meet during upcoming talks. GRA/
* Oil fell about 2 percent on Thursday as the market was weighed down by concerns that global demand growth would lag in the coming year. O/R
* Stocks pulled back sharply around the world on Thursday on fears of a global growth slowdown spreading to Europe and worry about the chances for a resolution of U.S.-China trade tensions anytime soon, while the U.S. dollar strengthened for a sixth session against a basket of currencies. MKTS/GLOB
RELATED > New Brazil government backs former outlaw indigenous farmers > War criminals have no place in government, US ambassador tells Kosovo > COLUMN-Will U.S. farmers plant too many soybean acres in 2019? -Braun > Marubeni books record 9-month profit though one-off losses loom > Cargo surveyor AmSpec releases Malaysia's Feb 1-10 palm oil export data on Feb 11. > Cargo surveyor SGS releases Malaysia's Feb 1-10 palm oil export data on Feb 11. > Cargo surveyor ITS releases Malaysia's Feb 1-10 palm oil export data on Feb 11.
Palm, soy and crude oil prices at 0029 GMT Contract
High Volume MY PALM OIL
0 MY PALM OIL
0 MY PALM OIL
0 CHINA PALM OLEIN MAY9
0 CHINA SOYOIL
0 CBOT SOY OIL
0 INDIA PALM OIL
573.00 +6.90 569.00
1178 INDIA SOYOIL
775.6 +8.75 768.4 776.8
11940 NYMEX CRUDE
52.57 -0.07 52.47 52.65
2921 Palm oil prices in Malaysian ringgit per tonne India soy oil in Indian rupee per 10 kg Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil, Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type MYPALM/FLAT .
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India, Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in OILS/ASIA2 and press enter, or double click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
-- OILS/ASIA1 Malaysian palm oil exports
CBOT soyoil futures
CBOT soybean futures
-- SOLVENT01 Weekly Indian vegetable oils
Dalian Commodity Exchange
Dalian soyoil futures
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- 0#DCP:
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil
European edible oil prices/trades -- OILS/E
Add a Comment
Are you sure you want to block %USER_NAME%?
By doing so, you and %USER_NAME% will not be able to see any of each other's Investing.com's posts.
%USER_NAME% was successfully added to your Block List
Since you’ve just unblocked this person, you must wait 48 hours before renewing the block.