The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures jumped more than 1 percent in the second half of trade on Thursday, ending the day higher on expectations of slowing February output in line with seasonal trend and improving exports. POI/
* Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) grains and soybean futures tumbled on Thursday on news that China and other buyers had canceled a flurry of U.S. soybean orders in early January and Argentina's soy crop could be larger than previously expected, traders said. GRA/
* Oil prices edged higher on Thursday and Brent hit the highest level this year, but gains were capped after the steepest decline in U.S. retail spending since 2009 heightened investor fears of a global economic slowdown. O/R
* The steepest decline in U.S. retail sales since 2009 in December halted a broad rally in world stock markets on Thursday and pushed investors into the safety of government bonds. MKTS/GLOB
RELATED > U.S. trade envoys to meet China's Xi, no decision on deadline extension > EXPLAINER-What's at stake in U.S.-China trade talks > Brazil may raise farm subsidies despite belt tightening > Argentina soy crop forecast at 52 mln tonnes despite loss due to rain -exchange > IEG Vantage raises U.S. 2019 corn seedings view; trims soy -document > Cargo surveyor AmSpec releases Malaysia's Feb 1-15 palm oil export data on Feb 15. > Cargo surveyor SGS releases Malaysia's Feb 1-15 palm oil export data on Feb 15. > Cargo surveyor ITS releases Malaysia's Feb 1-15 palm oil export data on Feb 15.
Palm, soy and crude oil prices at 0036 GMT Contract
Volume MY PALM OIL
0 MY PALM OIL
0 MY PALM OIL
0 CHINA PALM OLEIN MAY9
143878 CHINA SOYOIL
85978 CBOT SOY OIL
0 INDIA PALM OIL
647 INDIA SOYOIL
1280 NYMEX CRUDE
7300 Palm oil prices in Malaysian ringgit per tonne India soy oil in Indian rupee per 10 kg Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil, Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type MYPALM/FLAT .
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India, Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in OILS/ASIA2 and press enter, or double click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
-- OILS/ASIA1 Malaysian palm oil exports
CBOT soyoil futures
CBOT soybean futures
-- SOLVENT01 Weekly Indian vegetable oils
Dalian Commodity Exchange
Dalian soyoil futures
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- 0#DCP:
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil
European edible oil prices/trades -- OILS/E
Add a Comment
Are you sure you want to block %USER_NAME%?
By doing so, you and %USER_NAME% will not be able to see any of each other's Investing.com's posts.
%USER_NAME% was successfully added to your Block List
Since you’ve just unblocked this person, you must wait 48 hours before renewing the block.