The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures fell more than 1 percent on Friday, retreating from the previous session's seven-month high, hindered by a stronger ringgit MYR= and losses in U.S. soyoil on the Chicago Board of Trade. POI/
* U.S. soybean futures ended firm on Friday as late-session short-covering lifted prices from lows notched after the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) projected record large U.S. soy stocks amid a still-unresolved trade dispute with top importer China. GRA/
* Oil futures edged higher on Friday but ended the week with a loss on renewed concerns about slowing global demand and after the dollar posted its best week in six months. O/R
* Asian shares started the week on the backfoot on Monday as worries about global growth, U.S. politics and the ongoing Sino-U.S. tariff war kept investors cautious, while the safe-haven greenback held near a six-week top against major currencies. MKTS/GLOB
RELATED > U.S. soy supplies surge, winter wheat acreage falls to 110-year low > Brazil farmers halt soy sales as real strengthens, China buys U.S. supplies > Funds net sellers of CBOT corn, buyers of wheat and soy -traders > U.S.-China trade talks to resume in Beijing -White House > Cargo surveyor AmSpec releases Malaysia's Feb 1-10 palm oil export data on Feb 11. > Cargo surveyor SGS releases Malaysia's Feb 1-10 palm oil export data on Feb 11. > Cargo surveyor ITS releases Malaysia's Feb 1-15 palm oil export data on Feb 15.
Palm, soy and crude oil prices at 0044 GMT
Volume MY PALM OIL
0 MY PALM OIL
0 MY PALM OIL
0 CBOT SOY OIL
0 INDIA PALM OIL
964 INDIA SOYOIL
8230 NYMEX CRUDE
13829 Palm oil prices in Malaysian ringgit per tonne India soy oil in Indian rupee per 10 kg Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil, Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type MYPALM/FLAT .
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India, Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in OILS/ASIA2 and press enter, or double click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
-- OILS/ASIA1 Malaysian palm oil exports
CBOT soyoil futures
CBOT soybean futures
-- SOLVENT01 Weekly Indian vegetable oils
Dalian Commodity Exchange
Dalian soyoil futures
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- 0#DCP:
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil
European edible oil prices/trades -- OILS/E
Add a Comment
Are you sure you want to block %USER_NAME%?
By doing so, you and %USER_NAME% will not be able to see any of each other's Investing.com's posts.
%USER_NAME% was successfully added to your Block List
Since you’ve just unblocked this person, you must wait 48 hours before renewing the block.