Russia's Arctic LNG-2 project to be launched in 2023 -Novatek CEO
VLADIVOSTOK, Russia, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Russia's liquefied natural gas project Arctic LNG-2 is expected to be launched in 2023, Novatek CEO Leonid Mikhelson said on Thursday.
Speaking to reporters at an economic forum in the Russian far eastern city of Vladivostok, Mikhelson said a second line of the project would be opened one year after the projected launch.
Participants in the project signed a final investment decision earlier on Thursday. project, led by Russia's biggest private gas producer Novatek NVTK.MM , includes French energy producer Total TOTF.PA , China National Petroleum Corp CNPET.UL , China's CNOOC Ltd 0883.HK and the Japan Arctic LNG consortium.
The Japanese consortium is a partnership of Mitsui & Co 8031.T and state-owned JOGMEC, formally known as Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corp.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or