NEW DELHI, Jan 9 (Reuters) -
* India's planned 180,000 barrel per day (bpd) refinery in the desert state of Rajasthan to buy 50,000 bpd oil from Cairn India's CAIL.NS field, Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan said on Tuesday.
* The new refinery, which will be completed by 2022-23, will get the remaining oil from local and overseas outlets, Pradhan said.
* The refinery and the linked petrochemical projects, to be majority owned by Hindustan Petroleum Corp HPCL.NS , would cost 431.29 billion Indian rupees ($6.77 billion), the minister said
($1 = 63.7075 Indian rupees)
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.