New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) In a huge setback for millions of consumers, oil marketing companies (OMCs) have hiked the prices of commercial LPG cylinders by Rs 209, with effect from Sunday, according to industry sources. As a result of this, price of a 19-kg commercial LPG cylinder will now be Rs 1,731.50 from October 1 onwards in New Delhi.
Dining out is set to become dearer as an immediate fallout of this hike.
The decision has come just a month after OMCs had slashed the prices of commercial LPG cylinders by a significant Rs 158, with effect from September 1, thus bringing their price down to Rs 1,522 in the national capital.
The latest hike in prices of commercial LPG cylinders also comes just over a month after the Centre had cut prices of domestic LPG cylinder by Rs 200 for all connection holders across the country, in August.
Monthly revisions for both commercial and domestic LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) cylinders is done on the first day of each month. Earlier in August too, the prices of commercial LPG cylinders were cut by Rs 99.75 by OMCs.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.