By Christiana Sciaudone
Starting this week, select customers will be invited off of a waitlist to get a Coinbase debit card, earning up to 4% back in crypto rewards.
It's a welcome bump for the cryptocurrency exchange platform, which is down about 25% since going public in April. The company slipped alongside bitcoin, which dropped more than 40% in that time.
According to Coinbase, mobile phone payments rose 29% in 2020. PayPal Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: PYPL ) (PYPL.O) said on Wednesday it plans to allow users to withdraw cryptocurrency to third party wallets.
Last week, PayPal said it will allow users to withdraw cryptocurrency to third party wallets. It opened its platform to the currencies in October, Reuters reported.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.