CNG, PNG prices increased in Bihar
Patna, April 8 (IANS) After petrol and diesel, the oil marketing companies on Friday increased the price of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and Pipe Natural Gas (PNG) in Bihar.
The CNG and PNG are supplied mostly in Patna by Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL (NS: GAIL )). The company has increased CNG price by Rs 3 and PNG by Rs 2. With this the price of CNG in Patna is Rs 72.96. Earlier, the rate was Rs 69.96 per Kg. Similarly, the PNG rate was Rs 37.87 per SCM and now it has reached to Rs 39.87 SCM.
The price rise is affecting the common people as public transport has become expensive now.
In Patna, a majority of the people now prefer sharing autos. The auto operators have increased the fare by Rs 5 to Rs 10. Similarly, the app-based taxi operators have increased the fare by 15 per cent to 20 per cent based on the distance.
Keeping in view the environment issues, the Bihar government has decided to shut the operation of diesel commercial vehicles in the state, the transporters are opting CNG in Patna. The private commuters are also demanding for more CNG stations across the state.
The petrol price in Patna is Rs 116.23 per litre and diesel price is 101.06 per litre.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or