CLSA Bullish on Reliance, Sees Shares at ‘Bargain Buy’; Pegs 32% Upside
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The most valued Indian firm Reliance Industries’ shares gained over 3% and snapped an 8-day losing run on Tuesday, after hitting a fresh 52-week low of Rs 2,183.1 apiece in the previous session.
The market behemoth’s stock jumped 3.12% in Tuesday’s session, hitting an intraday high of Rs 2,269.95/share after falling for eight straight sessions.
However, brokerage majors have continued to remain bullish on the oil-to-telecom conglomerate stock despite the recent stock rout.
Even though RIL’s stock hit a new 52-week on March 20, CLSA reiterated its ‘Buy’ tag on the mega-cap stock with a target price of Rs 2,970/share, depicting a 32% upside from the current share price.
CLSA states that the conglomerate stock has plunged almost 20% in less than four months, bringing its current price just 5% above its conservative valuation and making it available for a bargain buy at current levels as the price does not include the company’s growth plans going ahead.
The global brokerage also expects RIL to launch its retail or telecom arm’s IPO sometime over the next 12 months. “Despite rising 5G capex, consolidated leverage should remain under control and well below 2x its Ebitda,” it said on Monday.
CLSA’s latest coverage on RIL comes shortly after Jefferies reiterated its bullish stance on the mega-cap stock, setting a target price at Rs 3,100/share.
Read Also: Jefferies Bullish on Reliance Industries (NS: RELI ), Pegs 41% Upside & Notes Key Triggers
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or