Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO ) reported a slight uptick of 0.08% in its stock, closing at $51.60 on Tuesday, which lagged behind the S&P 500, Dow, and Nasdaq 's gains of 1.2%, 1.58%, and 1.16% respectively. Over the past month, CSCO shares experienced a more significant drop of 4.09%, compared to the Computer and Technology sector's fall of 3.32% and the S&P 500's losses of 3.58%.
Looking ahead to their financial results due on November 15, 2023, Cisco Systems is projecting an earnings per share (EPS) of $1.03, marking a year-on-year rise of 19.77%. The company also forecasts a quarterly revenue of $14.61 billion, indicating a year-on-year increase of 7.18%.
The consensus estimates anticipate full-year earnings for Cisco Systems to be $4.05 per share and revenue to reach $57.73 billion, translating to year-on-year growth rates of +4.11% and +1.29% respectively. It's important to note that analyst estimate revisions often reflect business trends and can impact stock prices.
In conclusion, while Cisco Systems' stock has trailed market gains recently, the company's projected growth in EPS and revenue provides important context to understand the company's current financial position and future prospects.
In light of the recent performance of Cisco Systems, it is worth considering some key insights from InvestingPro. Firstly, the company boasts high earnings quality, with free cash flow consistently exceeding net income, a clear indicator of financial health. Furthermore, Cisco has been on an upward trajectory, with accelerating revenue growth, another positive sign for potential investors.
From a financial metrics perspective, InvestingPro data shows a market cap of $208.89 billion and a P/E ratio of 16.76. The company's revenue for the last 12 months as of Q4 2023 was reported at $57.0 billion, showing a growth of 10.55%. Lastly, the return on assets for the same period stands at 12.88%, revealing a strong efficiency in the use of its resources.
In addition to these insights, InvestingPro provides more than 14 additional tips for those interested in Cisco Systems, furthering the depth of analysis available. As such, the InvestingPro platform proves to be a valuable tool for investors seeking to understand the nuances of the company's financial standing and potential growth.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.