- According to ChatGPT, “decentralised digital currencies” could be one way to end central banking.
- Parman advised the bot that DeFi is a “marketing term for what is actually centralised finance to defraud people.”
ChatGPT is an innovative artificial intelligence tool equipped to solve challenging problems, proficiently coding, responding to complex questions. And signaling the extinction of fiat currencies.
Parman, an educator and author in the field of Bitcoin self-custody, predicted to ChatGPT that the emergence of Bitcoin (BTC) would be followed by a phase-out of government-issued fiat currencies, which he reported via a series of tweets.
Parman sparked a heated discussion by detailing the grounds behind his prophecy, beginning with posing a query to ChatGPT: How could humanity bring an end to central banking?
Upon its inception in the wake of 2008’s global financial adversity, the genesis block of Bitcoin carried an inscription that highlighted “Chancellor on the brink of second bailout for banks,” likely signaling founder Satoshi Nakamoto’s opposition to centralized banking.
ChatGPT Identify Blockchain Emergence
ChatGPT then identified the emergence of blockchain technology as the platform that would revolutionize global financial systems. And also end the central banking.
ChatGPT stressed how Bitcoin had the potential to give individuals autonomy over their finances, as users would no longer need to depend on centralized banking systems.
Parman, a determined Bitcoin follower, informed the AI that DeFi was essentially a camouflaged name for centralized finance designed to dupe people. Then requested it to analyze further. In reply, ChatGPT declared, “shut down fiat currency.”
Parman alludes to the genesis of Bitcoin when it was a virtual unit with no tangible worth. And without even an assurance of worth. In contrast, he remarks that the rest of the cryptocurrencies “have governing groups and hence are centralized.”
I asked the bot to clarify, was it ChatGPT, Bitcoin, or some other cryptocurrency? The response I got was that it had to be Bitcoin.
ChatGPT then concluded its analysis by adding that Bitcoin could eventually enable individuals to become their banks. And rely on a trustless system, thus eliminating the need for fiat.
The prediction of the extinction of government-issued currencies is bold. And it remains to be seen if Bitcoin will indeed become the revolutionary force it is purported to be.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.