New Delhi, Sep 24 (IANS) The Centre has decided to withdraw multiple incentives and allowances given to the All India Service Officers for posting in the North-East states.
As per a letter issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DOPT) on Friday, special incentives and allowances being granted to AIS officers posted in North East States be withdrawn with immediate effect. The letter has been addressed to all the State chief secretaries.
It said that the additional monetary incentives given to the All India service officers will be withdrawn. The additional monetary allowance was introduced in 2009.
AIS officers comprise Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Forest Service (IFS). As per DoPT earlier order, officers belonging to the Assam-Meghalaya joint cadre, Sikkim, Nagaland, Tripura and Manipur cadres were entitled to a special allowance of additional 25 per cent basic pay and a few other incentives for posting in the Northeast.
The letter said that the post-retirement housing facility which was introduced in the year 2007 for officers belonging to NE cadres shall be withdrawn.
As per the order, the incentive of reimbursement of payable Income Tax to Tribal All India Service officers belonging to the North-East Cadres while on central deputation has been withdrawn.
Moreover, the order on flexible inter-cadre deputation for officers of NE cadres that was consolidated in 2017 has also been discontinued.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.