By Scott Kanowsky
Investing.com -- Capgemini SE (EPA: CAPP ) posted fourth quarter sales that came in above estimates, as client demand for cloud and data services remained strong despite larger macroeconomic headwinds.
Sales at the French information technology firm grew by 14% at constant exchange rates in the final three months of 2022, beating expectations of 12%.
Bookings also rose by 11.4% to €6.7 billion (€1 = $1.0669), corresponding to a book-to-bill ratio of 1.16. Analysts at ODDO BHF called the figure "solid."
The Paris-based group flagged persistent headwinds from rising interest rates, elevated inflation, and the war in Ukraine, but said it has still seen "structural demand" from large corporations and organizations for "digital transformation projects covering an increasing scope of their value chain."
"Continued momentum in Cloud and Data reflects the priority given by Group clients to their investments in technology," the company said in a statement. "These investments are increasingly made as part of high added-value strategic projects requiring strong industry expertise."
For 2023, Capgemini guided for revenue growth of between 4% to 7% at constant currency, with an operating margin of 13% to 13.2% and organic free cash flow of around €1.8B.
The ODDO BHF analysts said the outlook was roughly in line with its forecasts, but cautious enough to leave room for an annual earnings beat if the broader trading environment does not deteriorate dramatically.
Shares in Capgemini were higher in early European trading on Tuesday.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.