Toronto, June 8 (IANS) Indians will benefit the most from changes introduced by Canada to its super visa programme for parents and grandparents.
Under the changes announced by Immigration Minister Sean Fraser on Tuesday, parents and grandparents coming to Canada can now stay here for up to five years per entry.
The changes will kick in from July 4.
Canada will also allow international medical insurance companies to provide coverage to super visa applicants.
Currently, only Canadian insurance providers can provide medical coverage to super visa holders.
The super visa programme, started in 2011, allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their parents and grandparents to come and live with them in Canada for extended periods of time.
Until now, this multiple-entry visa, which is valid for up to 10 years, has allowed parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for only two years at a time.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.