At the close in Toronto, the S&P/TSX Composite lost 1.51% to hit a new 52-week low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/TSX Composite were Tilray Inc (TSX: TLRY ), which rose 12.02% or 0.50 points to trade at 4.66 at the close. Aurora Cannabis Inc (TSX: ACB ) added 8.82% or 0.15 points to end at 1.85 and Lightspeed Commerce Inc (TSX: LSPD ) was up 7.83% or 2.27 points to 31.27 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Athabasca Oil Corp (TSX: ATH ), which lost 12.50% or 0.32 points to trade at 2.24 in late trade. MEG Energy Corp (TSX: MEG ) declined 12.50% or 2.37 points to end at 16.59 and First Quantum Minerals Ltd . (TSX: FM ) shed 12.45% or 3.30 points to 23.21.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 700 to 343 and 107 ended unchanged on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The S&P/TSX 60 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/TSX Composite options, was up 0.26% to 23.00.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.66% or 12.10 to $1,826.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 1.86% or 1.97 to hit $104.22 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.59% or 1.78 to trade at $109.96 a barrel.
CAD/USD was unchanged 0.34% to 0.77, while CAD/EUR unchanged 0.10% to 0.73.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.17% at 104.16.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.