At the close in Toronto, the S&P/TSX Composite declined 0.31%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/TSX Composite were Intertape Polymer Group Inc . (TSX: ITP ), which rose 8.93% or 2.36 points to trade at 28.80 at the close. BlackBerry Ltd (TSX: BB ) added 6.89% or 0.92 points to end at 14.28 and New Gold Inc (TSX: NGD ) was up 6.19% or 0.130 points to 2.230 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Badger Daylighting Ltd . (TSX: BAD ), which lost 7.57% or 3.29 points to trade at 40.24 in late trade. Linamar Corporation (TSX: LNR ) declined 4.37% or 3.87 points to end at 84.78 and Cargojet Inc (TSX: CJT ) shed 3.90% or 7.06 points to 173.93.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 533 to 515 and 93 ended unchanged on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The S&P/TSX 60 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/TSX Composite options, was unchanged 0% to 11.27.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.04% or 0.65 to $1723.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.62% or 0.41 to hit $65.61 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.63% or 0.44 to trade at $69.19 a barrel.
CAD/USD was up 0.48% to 0.8020, while CAD/EUR rose 0.79% to 0.6710.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.29% at 91.680.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.