At the close in Toronto, the S&P/TSX Composite added 0.72% to hit a new all time high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/TSX Composite were Aurora Cannabis Inc (TSX: ACB ), which rose 10.39% or 0.990 points to trade at 10.520 at the close. New Gold Inc (TSX: NGD ) added 9.90% or 0.200 points to end at 2.220 and Canopy Growth Corp (TSX: WEED ) was up 9.89% or 1.680 points to 18.670 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fortuna Silver Mines Inc (TSX: FVI ), which lost 20.83% or 1.30 points to trade at 4.94 in late trade. Intertape Polymer Group Inc . (TSX: ITP ) declined 10.08% or 2.99 points to end at 26.66 and LifeWorks Inc (TSX: LWRK ) shed 9.37% or 2.85 points to 27.56.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 507 to 455 and 132 ended unchanged on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The S&P/TSX 60 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/TSX Composite options, was down 24.19% to 13.41.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.25% or 4.75 to $1868.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.59% or 0.48 to hit $81.11 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.56% or 0.46 to trade at $82.41 a barrel.
CAD/USD was up 0.26% to 0.7969, while CAD/EUR rose 0.28% to 0.6960.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 95.082.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.