At the close in Toronto, the S&P/TSX Composite added 0.13%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/TSX Composite were OrganiGram Holdings Inc (TSX: OGI ), which rose 11.28% or 0.37 points to trade at 3.65 at the close. Dundee Precious Metals Inc (TSX: DPM ) added 3.77% or 0.28 points to end at 7.71 and Alamos Gold Inc (TSX: AGI ) was up 3.35% or 0.32 points to 9.87 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Westport Fuel Systems Inc (TSX: WPRT ), which lost 6.03% or 0.35 points to trade at 5.45 in late trade. Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd (TSX: BDGI ) declined 5.47% or 1.92 points to end at 33.10 and Trillium Therapeutics Inc (TSX: TRIL ) shed 5.12% or 0.54 points to 10.01.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 524 to 512 and 110 ended unchanged on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The S&P/TSX 60 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/TSX Composite options, was unchanged 0% to 11.27.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.12% or 2.20 to $1808.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 1.65% or 1.22 to hit $75.32 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.81% or 1.36 to trade at $76.52 a barrel.
CAD/USD was down 0.52% to 0.7987, while CAD/EUR rose 0.18% to 0.6780.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.55% at 92.767.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.