At the close in Toronto, the S&P/TSX Composite gained 0.08% to hit a new all time high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/TSX Composite were Pretium Resources Inc. (TSX: PVG ), which rose 18.91% or 2.86 points to trade at 17.95 at the close. Village Farms International Inc (TSX: VFF ) added 9.69% or 1.01 points to end at 11.43 and Dye & Durham Ltd (TSX: DND ) was up 9.00% or 3.43 points to 41.55 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Westport Fuel Systems Inc (TSX: WPRT ), which lost 21.18% or 1.04 points to trade at 3.87 in late trade. Cronos Group Inc (TSX: CRON ) declined 14.61% or 1.22 points to end at 7.13 and Ballard Power Systems Inc (TSX: BLDP ) shed 12.13% or 2.92 points to 21.16.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 514 to 490 and 117 ended unchanged on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The S&P/TSX 60 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/TSX Composite options, was unchanged 0% to 17.29.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.20% or 3.65 to $1831.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 2.70% or 2.21 to hit $84.14 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.51% or 1.26 to trade at $84.69 a barrel.
CAD/USD was up 0.05% to 0.8039, while CAD/EUR rose 0.04% to 0.6935.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 93.977.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.