At the close in Toronto, the S&P/TSX Composite gained 0.05%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/TSX Composite were BlackBerry Ltd (TSX: BB ), which rose 30.91% or 5.52 points to trade at 23.38 at the close. TFI International Inc (TSX: TFII ) added 29.33% or 19.09 points to end at 84.18 and Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc (TSX: AUP ) was up 24.59% or 4.64 points to 23.51 in late trade.
Biggest losers included HudBay Minerals Inc (TSX: HBM ), which lost 8.61% or 0.74 points to trade at 7.85 in late trade. Aphria Inc (TSX: APHA ) declined 6.31% or 1.040 points to end at 15.430 and Cronos Group Inc (TSX: CRON ) shed 5.90% or 0.80 points to 12.75.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 527 to 509 and 97 ended unchanged on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The S&P/TSX 60 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/TSX Composite options, was unchanged 0% to 11.27.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.11% or 1.95 to $1854.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.73% or 0.38 to hit $52.65 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 0.54% or 0.30 to trade at $55.55 a barrel.
CAD/USD was down 0.11% to 0.7846, while CAD/EUR rose 0.18% to 0.6465.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.17% at 90.362.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.