At the close in Toronto, the S&P/TSX Composite added 0.04% to hit a new all time high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P/TSX Composite were Trillium Therapeutics Inc (TSX: TRIL ), which rose 17.92% or 1.76 points to trade at 11.58 at the close. BlackBerry Ltd (TSX: BB ) added 12.13% or 2.03 points to end at 18.77 and Aurora Cannabis Inc (TSX: ACB ) was up 8.30% or 0.920 points to 12.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included HudBay Minerals Inc (TSX: HBM ), which lost 5.42% or 0.50 points to trade at 8.73 in late trade. BRP Inc (TSX: DOO ) declined 4.85% or 4.69 points to end at 91.97 and TFI International Inc (TSX: TFII ) shed 4.18% or 4.78 points to 109.48.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 519 to 497 and 123 ended unchanged on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
The S&P/TSX 60 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of S&P/TSX Composite options, was unchanged 0% to 11.27.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.54% or 10.25 to $1902.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.57% or 0.40 to hit $69.22 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.56% or 0.40 to trade at $71.49 a barrel.
CAD/USD was up 0.02% to 0.8284, while CAD/EUR fell 0.20% to 0.6794.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 89.915.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.