BuzzFeed to Cut Up to 1.7% of Workforce According to Reports
By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com -- BuzzFeed Inc (NASDAQ: BZFD ) shares are trading higher Tuesday after revenue beat consensus expectations.
The company announced earnings per share of $0.01 on revenue of $145.7 million. Analysts polled by Investing.com anticipated EPS of $0.04 on revenue of $133.94 million.
However, it was revealed soon after that three of the company's top editors, including editor-in-chief Mark Schoofs will be stepping down due to an internal announcement about impending job cuts.
According to the New York Times, BuzzFeed will cut around 1.7% of its workforce.
Reports stated that the company's CEO Jonah Peretti announced cuts across the BuzzFeed video and editorial teams alongside reductions in the business and administrative teams.
“I’m emailing early to share that we are also completing the integration of Complex Networks today, which sadly means that we will part with some colleagues in the Admin and Business organizations,” the NYT quoted Peretti as saying in his note to employees.
Adding: “Although this is always a difficult thing to do, it is essential to unify the business organizations and admin teams from BuzzFeed and Complex Networks in order to realize the opportunities that merging our strong brands offers.”
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or