By Malvika Gurung
Investing. com -- The Indian pharmaceutical company Ipca Laboratories Ltd. (NS: IPCA ) was trading at Rs 2,097.30, down 2.6% at 3:25 pm on Wednesday, after reporting a decline in its profit after tax by 6.3% YoY at Rs 250.23 crore for the September-ending quarter on November 13.
While the shares of the pharmaceutical company tumbled over 2% on November 17, brokerage houses see an upside in the stock, led by a strong domestic business outlook and correction in raw material prices, among others.
The Mumbai-based pharmaceutical company has reported negative growth in consolidated income by 1.53 % sequentially at Rs 15,62.51 crore, while its net profit declined 6.3% YoY to Rs 250.23 crore. However, the company’s consolidated revenue rose 113% YoY to Rs 1,544.43 crore for the quarter in focus.
As IPCA Laboratories’ Q2 revenue was in line with the Street estimates, along with a strong outlook of the company’s domestic business looking upbeat, brokerage firm Jefferies has a ‘Buy’ call on the mid-cap pharmaceutical scrip, setting a target price of Rs 2,477/share, which is an 18% upside compared to the stock’s current market price.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS ), on the other hand, initiated an 'equal-weight call on the stock, setting a target price of Rs 2,203/share, as the company currently faces near-term margin headwinds and below trendline sales growth, states the brokerage firm.
Emkay Global advises investors to ‘Hold’ the stock, with a target price of Rs 2,240/share and has estimated 1 year for the scrip to reach this price.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.