(For a live blog on European stocks, type LIVE/ in an Eikon news window)
* FTSE 100, FTSE 250 flat
* Fevertree slumps after revenue warning
* Intu down after confirming talks over cash call
Jan 20 (Reuters) - UK shares were largely unchanged on Monday, with trading volumes thin due to a U.S. holiday, while premium tonic water maker Fevertree and mall operator Intu Properties tumbled among smaller stocks.
The FTSE 100 .FTSE and the FTSE 250 .FTMC were flat by 0806 GMT. However, oil heavyweights Shell RDSa.L and BP BP.L advanced as crude prices hit their highest in more than a week after two Libyan production bases began shutting down amid a military blockade. O/R
With many investors away due to U.S. markets being closed for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, sharp moves were scant.
Still, Fevertree FEVR.L sank 19% and was on track for its worst day ever after it warned its annual revenue growth would be below its expectations, hurt by subdued trading over Christmas. centre operator Intu INTUP.L slid 5% after it said it was targeting an equity raise by the end of February to tackle debt.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.