Moreover, Mirati stockholders will receive one non-tradeable Contingent Value Right (CVR) for each Mirati share held, potentially worth $12.00 per share in cash, representing an additional $1.0 billion of value opportunity.
BMY shares fell 0.5% on the news.
The merger has received unanimous approval from both companies' Boards of Directors.
“We are excited to add these assets to our portfolio and to accelerate their development as we seek to deliver more treatments for cancer patients,” said Giovanni Caforio, chief executive officer and board chair, Bristol Myers Squibb.
“With a strong strategic fit, great science and clear value creation opportunities for our shareholders, the Mirati transaction is aligned with our business development goals. Importantly, by leveraging our skills and capabilities, including our global commercial infrastructure, we will ensure patients globally can benefit from Mirati’s portfolio of innovative medicines.”
Mirati Therapeutics is a targeted oncology company with a focus on discovering, designing, and delivering breakthrough therapies for cancer patients. The assets of Mirati align well with Bristol Myers Squibb's existing portfolio and innovative pipeline, offering an opportunity to enhance Bristol Myers Squibb's oncology franchise.
The transaction is expected to be dilutive to Bristol Myers Squibb’s non-GAAP earnings per share by approximately $0.35 per share in the first 12 months after the transaction closes.
For BofA analysts, the deal makes sense from BMY's point of view.
"We think the acquisition makes strategic sense as Mirati’s precision oncology portfolio complements Bristol’s IO portfolio with lead Mirati drug adagrasib likely to see a more rapid commercial rollout under Bristol's leadership."
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.