Brazil estimates over 301 mn tonnes in grain production for 2022-2023
Brasilia, Jan 13 (IANS) Brazilian grain production will reach 310.9 million tonnes in the 2022-2023 cycle, a growth of 14.5 per cent compared to the previous period, according to the estimate by the state-run National Supply Company (CONAB).
CONAB expects the production of soybeans, Brazil's main export, which is nearing the end of its planting cycle, to total 152.7 million tonnes, 22.2 per cent higher than in 2021-2022, reports Xinhua news agency.
Regarding the three annual harvests of corn, the total is projected to be 125.06 million tonnes, an increase of 10.5 per cent in relation to the last cycle.
Meanwhile, CONAB forecasts a 9.3 per cent reduction in the cultivated area of rice, estimated at 1.5 million hectares, with production of 10.4 million tonnes.
In addition, the total area under bean cultivation is expected to decrease 1.8 per cent, to 2.96 million tonnes, CONAB said.
The wheat harvest, which has been completed, will reach a new record, estimated at 9.8 million tonnes, 27.2 per cent higher than the previous harvest.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or