Bank of America analyst Sachin Salgaonkar has shared key takeaways from meetings with investors, where Sea Ltd. (NYSE: SE ) was one of the most discussed stocks.
Key findings and feedback on SE were:
- 2022 e-commerce guidance is too aggressive, there are downside risks;
- Difference of view on Brazil between Asia & US investors;
- Q1 likely a muted quarter;
- Sea stock appears to be moving in-sync with the China internet names.
Another key topic for investors is how to properly value the e-commerce business. Salgaonkar notes that valuations are not providing support to the stock price.
“Most investors with whom we spoke want to see inflexion points in business mainly – 1) bottoming out of gaming revenue and 2) visibility on cash-burn at the Brazil business. Overall, we found the comfort on Sea mgmt execution amongst to be very high with ask for better & sustained new disclosures. The two commonly asked questions were – expected impact from higher inflation on the business and long-term steady state EBITDA margins. Currently we expect limited impact on overall e-com spending from higher inflation given the high-end users mainly using internet (evident from lower penetration) and low ticket long tail items largely purchased. We expect c.12%+ as sustained EBITDA margins,” Salgaonkar wrote in a client note.
Net-net, the analyst reiterated a Buy rating on Sea stock as he sees risk-reward favorable at current levels. The price target of $230.00 per share offers a 112% risk-reward from current levels.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.