By Peter Nurse
Investing.com -- Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Thursday, December 2nd. Please refresh for updates.
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) stock fell 2.8% after Bloomberg reported that demand for the tech giant’s latest batch of iPhones is weakening due to price and availability issues.
Boeing (NYSE: BA ) stock rose 5% after China's aviation authority issued an airworthiness directive on the 737 MAX plane, potentially allowing the return of this key model to service in China after more than two and a half years.
Snowflake (NYSE: SNOW ) stock soared 14% after the data platform provider reported strong fourth-quarter guidance, reporting upbeat third-quarter results bolstered by its international expansion.
- Crowdstrike (NASDAQ: CRWD ) stock rose 0.3% after the cybersecurity company announced strong quarterly earnings as well as a substantial increase in new subscription customers.
Okta (NASDAQ: OKTA ) stock rose 2% after the cloud identity management company reported strong third-quarter results, posting revenue growth of 61% from last year and beating its own guidance.
- Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE ) stock rose 9.4% after the discount store posted better than expected results on both the top and bottom-line in its third quarter.
- Dollar General (NYSE: DG ) stock fell 3.1% after the discount chain narrowed its full-year sales forecast on Thursday, as returning consumer appetite for discretionary items helped counter easing demand for groceries.
- Square (NYSE: SQ ) stock fell 0.5% after the payments company announced it was changing its name to ‘Block’ as it looks to expand into new technologies like blockchain.
Simon Property Group (NYSE: SPG ) stock rose 1.4% after Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS ) reiterated an ‘outperform’ rating on the real estate group, saying its recent dip creates an attractive entry point, with more than 20% upside.
- Vir Biotechnology (NASDAQ: VIR ) stock soared 13% and GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK ) ADRs rose 0.6% after analysis of the antibody-based Covid-19 therapy the partners are developing has indicated the drug is effective against the new omicron variant.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.