By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Bitcoin has been trading at $31,600 levels for some weeks now. It hasn’t recovered after it scaled the $64,000 levels in April before crashing over 50%.
The cryptocurrency market has fallen mainly due to the Chinese crackdown on Bitcoin miners. It was exacerbated by Elon Musk, who keeps flip-flopping on his Bitcoin stance. His stance is currently anti-Bitcoin until the flagship cryptocurrency does something about the massive impact it has on the environment.
However, there are a couple of institutions that might just be turning it around for Bitcoin. The first piece of news at Coindesk that said Bank of America (NYSE: BAC ) “has approved trading in bitcoin futures for some clients.” Edward Moya, senior market analyst for Oanda said, ““This is a big commitment for America’s second-largest bank…On Wall Street, if one bank sees opportunity in doing something risky, the rest will easily justify following suit.”
The second one is a rumour that Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) has bought over $2 billion in cryptocurrency the past week. Apple has neither confirmed nor denied the rumour. It didn’t stop Bitcoin’s price from falling from over $34,000 to below $32,000. That didn’t stop social media site Twitter from going crazy over Apple and Bitcoin. Will Apple refute the rumour?
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Get Free bitcoin, without investing anything, download PI network and bee 🐝 app from play store or app store. Its the future currency, moving at a very high speed. User code nasirdarjiLike 0