BioNTech Stock Pops on Big Sales Beat
Shares of BioNTech (NASDAQ: BNTX ) are up around 1.5% in pre-open Monday after the biotech company reported better-than-expected Q1 EPS and revenue.
The German biotechnology company reported a Q1 EPS of €14.24, up from €4.39 in the year-ago period and the consensus estimates of €8.62. Revenue came in at €6.37, topping the estimated €4.01 billion.
In the first quarter, BioNTech generated €1.16 billion in direct coronavirus vaccine sales in Germany and Turkey, in addition to €603.2 million in sales of products made by BioNTech for its partners.
Commercial revenues in the first quarter included €4.59 billion gross profit share in territories allocated between Pfizer (NYSE: PFE ), BioNTech, and Fosun Pharma (SS: 600196 ) (HK: 2196 ).
For the full fiscal year, BNTX expects capital expenditure in the range of €450 million to €550 million, while analysts were looking for €390.3 million. Coronavirus vaccine revenue is expected to be in the range of €13 billion to €17 billion, compared to the consensus projection of €15.62 billion.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or