By Dhirendra Tripathi
Investing.com – Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB ) shares rose 4% Thursday following two upgrades as well as new findings showing benefits from a higher dose of a medicine it makes to treat patients suffering from spinal muscular atrophy.
Biogen licensed the global rights to develop, manufacture and commercialize the medicine, Spinraza, from Ionis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: IONS ). Ionis shares gained by more than 3%.
The data showed benefits to patients over the long term.
Two brokerages, SVB Leerink and UBS (NYSE: UBS ), upgraded the stock to a ‘buy’ on the same day.
SVB Leerink has kept its target for the stock at $475, 12.5% from the stock’s current level of $422. UBS’s $463 target is 9.7% more from the prevailing price.
Biogen made headlines Monday (NASDAQ: MNDY ) when its aducanumab became the first medicine in 18 years to secure U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s authorization to treat Alzheimer’s.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.