Mumbai, Dec 4 (IANS) The benchmark indices reached new record highs on Monday, with Nifty surpassing 20,650 and Bank Nifty achieving a record high, gaining 1617.20 points, said Mandar Bhojane, Research Analyst at Choice Broking.The Nifty closed the day with a substantial gain of 418.9 points or 2.07 per cent, settling at 20,686.80. At close, the Sensex experienced a significant surge, rising by 1,383.93 points or 2.05 per cent to reach 68,865.12.
This positive market momentum reflected an overall sense of optimism and confidence in the financial markets.
Bulls demonstrated strong dominance in Monday's trade, propelling the index higher right from the beginning.
Except for media and pharma sectors, all others concluded the day with gains, with banking and energy stocks emerging as the top performers.
However, mid and smallcap indices underperformed as buying was concentrated to index-based stocks, Bhojane said.
On the daily chart, the Nifty sustained its upward momentum after a gap-up opening of 300 points, forming a robust bullish candle indicative of a strong uptrend.
However, a closer examination of lower time frames, particularly the hourly charts, revealed an overbought condition. A correction, either in terms of time or price, seems warranted, suggesting that one should consider entering positions on dips for a more favorable risk-reward profile, Bhojane added.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
have been bullish for a reversal since 25th October, check out my post on X in the comments below.Like 0