By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ): The country’s largest public-sector lender’s standalone net profit surged 41% YoY to Rs 9,113.5 crore in the March quarter, posting its highest-ever quarterly profit, however, missing the Street’s estimate. On a consolidated basis, the net profit jumped 56% YoY to Rs 9,549 crore in the period.
Bank of Baroda (NS: BOB ): The public sector lender’s standalone net profit stood at Rs 1,779 crore in the March quarter, compared to a net loss of Rs 1,047 crore in the year-ago period. Its asset quality in the quarter improved, with a 6.61% GNPA, down from 7.25% in Q3 FY22 and 8.97% in Q4 FY21.
Union Bank of India (NS: UNBK ): The government-owned lender’s net profit rose 8% YoY to Rs 1,440 crore in the March quarter, while total income climbed marginally by 3.1% YoY to Rs 20,417.44 crore. Its GNPA or bad loans reduced to 11.11% from 13.74% in the year-ago period, while net NPA declined to 3.68% in Q4FY22 from 4.62%.
Bandhan Bank (NS: BANH ): The private sector lender’s net profit skyrocketed 1,746.9% YoY to Rs 1,902.30 crore in the March quarter, while total income surged 43% YoY to Rs 3,504.2 crore. Its GNPA fell slightly to 6.46% in the period from 6.81% in Q4FY22, and net NPAs reduced majorly from 3.51% to 1.66%.
UCO Bank (NS: UCBK ): The state-owned lender’s net profit jumped 290.25% YoY to Rs 312.18 crore in the March quarter, led by a fall in bad loans lowering provisions.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.