Bandhan Bank (NS: BANH )'s financial performance released for the September quarter shows promising growth, with an increase in total deposits by 12.8% and a rise in loans and advances by 12.3% in the period. Shares of the bank have seen a recent surge due to media reports of a new executive director from HDFC Bank (NS: HDBK ) joining the team.
Advances increased by 4.3% over the June quarter to Rs 1,07,633 crore from Rs 95,835 crore last year. The bank also reported solid growth in its deposit mobilization, which increased by 12.8% to Rs 1.12 lakh crore. Meanwhile, CASA (Current Account Savings Account) deposits rose by 6.5% YoY to Rs 43,161 crore. Retail deposits, including CASA, grew by 12.6% YoY to Rs 82,977 crore.
The bank's total bulk deposits were at Rs 29,098 crore, showing a YoY increase of 13.2%. This is higher than last year's Rs 25,705 crore but lower than the previous quarter's Rs 31,240 crore.
According to InvestingPro real-time metrics, Bandhan Bank is a prominent player in the Banks industry. Despite the bank's strong performance, it's worth noting that the bank's revenue growth has been slowing down recently, and it suffers from weak gross profit margins. Bandhan Bank is also quickly burning through cash, indicating low earnings quality with free cash flow trailing net income.
In addition to these positive figures, Bandhan Bank maintained its loan collection efficiency at 98%, with a liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) of 162.90% as of September 30, 2023. This performance is in line with InvestingPro Tips, which suggest that the bank's net income is expected to grow this year, and analysts predict the company will be profitable this year.
Despite the slight dip in the CASA ratio to 38.5%, down from last year but improved since June, Bandhan Bank's financial performance remains strong with steady advances growth and efficient loan collection.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.