Las Vegas, Nov 28 (IANS) US private space habitat company Axiom Space has moved its enterprise IT operations to Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN ) Web Services (AWS), as it aims to provide its engineers, ground operations, and business development teams the terrestrial cloud infrastructure for its next-generation commercial space station, Axiom Station.Axiom Space and AWS will continue to collaborate on validating cloud-based hardware and software capable of supporting in-space workloads.
Axiom Space and AWS are also collaborating on the development and demonstration of in-space cybersecurity solutions that set the foundation for operating a cybersecure Axiom Station, they said in a statement late on Monday.
“We remain excited to collaborate with AWS on advancing the state of the art of cloud infrastructure on-orbit as we build a multi-cloud and multi-user environment for our future space station customers,” said Christian Maender, EVP of Space Commercialization for Axiom Space.
The construction of the Axiom Station, the world’s first commercial space station, is underway. Axiom Space is preparing for a 2026 launch of the first section of its next-generation platform that will operate in low-Earth orbit.
Axiom Space and AWS worked together to integrate and operate an AWS Snowcone device on the International Space Station as part of the Axiom Mission 1 (Ax-1) in April 2022.
“Axiom Space is using AWS’s global infrastructure and a broad and deep portfolio of cloud services to deliver revolutionary solutions to the space industry,” said Dave Levy, AWS vice president, worldwide public sector.
“We are proud to support Axiom Space’s vision to incorporate advanced cloud-based technology into future missions supporting on-orbit research, scientific discovery, and space exploration,” he added.
Axiom Space operates end-to-end missions to the International Space Station while developing its successor, Axiom Station.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.