Aviation, Travel & Hotel Stocks 5-26% Up on Stimulus Reports and Lockdown Easing
By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- The last week has seen a surge in stock prices of aviation, travel and tourism, and hotel companies as the May 31 deadline gets closer. Most states have declared that lockdowns and mobility restrictions will start easing up from June 1.
Reports that the government is considering another stimulus of stimulus to boost sectors that have been badly impacted due to the lockdowns caused by the second pandemic wave have added to the sentiment for these stocks. Stocks in all these sectors have seen an increasing amount of investor interest and they have gained between 5-26% since May 20.
- Indian Hotels Co. Ltd (NS: IHTL )
Price on May 20: Rs 128.35
Price on May 25: Rs 135.15
Upward movement: 5%
- Spicejet Ltd (BO: SPJT )
Price on May 20: Rs 74.85
Price on May 25: Rs 82.25
Upward movement: 10%
- EIH Ltd (NS: EIHO )
Price on May 20: Rs 97.2
Price on May 25: Rs 109.25
Upward movement: 12%
- Easy Trip Planners Pvt Ltd (NS: EASM )
Price on May 20: Rs 225.8
Price on May 25: Rs 273.55
Upward movement: 21%
- Barbeque-Nation Hospitality Ltd (NS: BARQ )
Price on May 20: Rs 595.2
Price on May 25: Rs 750.2
Upward movement: 26%
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Will ITC get any benefits in this stimulus? they have part of hospitality business..Like 0
CCD.. second day upper circuit.Like 0
leman tree hotelLike 2
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or