Audio content platform Kuku FM raises $21.8 mn, targets 10 mn paid subscribers
Bengaluru, Sep 21 (IANS) Audio content platform Kuku FM on Wednesday said it has raised $21.8 million in Series B1 funding round, led by The Fundamentum Partnership, which will be utilised to strengthen content creation ecosystem and offer more language choices to listeners.
Kuku FM aims to achieve a base of over 10 million paid subscribers by the end of 2023.
"We have seen rapidly growing interest for content in regional languages in Tier 2 and 3 cities, semi-urban and rural segments. We aim to continue building a strong and diverse creator network that caters to this segment of the Bharat audience," said Lal Chand Bisu, Co-founder and CEO, Kuku FM.
Along with new investors Fundamentum and Paramark, existing investors KRAFTON, Inc, 3one4 Capital, Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX ), Verlinvest and FounderBank Capital also participated in this round.
Earlier this year, Kuku FM raised $19.5 million led by KRAFTON with Google (NASDAQ: GOOGL ), Verlinvest and other investors.
"In its four-year journey, Kuku FM has built a business with robust fundamentals, strong monetization model and a national creator-listener community," said Prateek Jain, Principal, Fundamentum Partnership.
Founded in 2018 by Bisu, Vikas Goyal and Vinod Kumar Meena, Kuku FM is currently India's largest audio platform with more than 1.5 million paid subscribers.
The platform has content in seven Indian languages (Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam).
At present, Kuku FM hosts more than 150,000 hours of content in various formats including audiobooks, stories, book summaries, courses, and podcasts .
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or