By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the sugar-producing major Bajaj Hindusthan (NS: BJHN ) Sugar rallied 20% for the second straight session on Monday, soaring by 40% in the two sessions.
At the time of writing, the sugar stock jumped 17.41% to Rs 15.85 apiece. On Friday, the shares of Bajaj Hindusthan were locked in the 20% upper circuit, following heavy volumes traded after the company announced the regularization of accounts with all the lenders on payment of entire overdues.
Bajaj Hindusthan is Asia's Number 1 integrated sugar company and holds the fourth position globally. It is among the largest sugar ethanol manufacturing firms in India.
On Dec 2, 2022, the sugar major informed the domestic bourses in a filing that it has paid the entire overdues towards term loan instalments till Sept 2022, term loan interests till Nov 2022 and Optionally Convertible Debentures or OCD coupon payable for FY 2022 to all the lenders.
The company has stated that there no longer are any overdue left in its account and the account is fully regular with all the lenders as of date.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.