Ashish Dhawan buys 3.4% stake in this small cap bank stock this Qtr; Check the details
Ace investor Ashish Dhawan has bought a stake in Equitas Small Finance Bank (NS: EQUI ) as per the latest shareholding pattern of the company filed with the exchanges. His name appears in the list of public shareholders who hold more than one percent stake in the bank.
Equitas Small Finance Bank is an India-based banking company operating in the treasury, wholesale banking and retail banking business.
Ashish Dhawan has bought 4,03,70,000 shares in the company or a 3.64% stake and his holdings are worth ₹ 268.13 crores as of 12:35 PM on Monday, as the company’s shares were trading at ₹ 66.42 apiece.
Indian mutual funds like Nippon India Mutual Fund, HDFC Mutual Fund, SBI (NS: SBI ) Mutual Fund and Franklin India Mutual fund collectively hold a 13.37% stake in the company. Moreover, Foreign portfolio investors like the Government of Singapore, Societe Generale (EPA: SOGN ), and Massachusetts Institute of Technology collectively hold a 4.08% stake in the company.
The small Finance Bank has a market capitalization of ₹ 7568 crores and is a small-cap bank. It has a return on equity of 7.35% and an ideal debt-to-equity ratio of 0.59. Its shares were trading at a price-to-earnings ratio (P/E) of 16.94, which is significantly higher than the industry P/E of 8.22, indicating that it is overvalued as compared to its peers.
Written by Simran Bafna
The post Ashish Dhawan buys 3.4% stake in this small cap bank stock this Qtr; Check the details appeared first on Trade Brains.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or