By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- India, on September 6, administered over one crore COVID-19 vaccine doses. This is the third time in 11 days that India has managed this feat. With this, the total number of people in India who have received at least one vaccine dose is almost 70 crore or a little over 50% of India’s 130 crore population.
The number of COVID-19 cases across the country has also declined with Kerala being the only outlier on current data. This has led to an increasing number of passengers who are travelling by air.
Domestic air traffic has surged in September. It crossed the 2 lakh mark in August for the first time after the second pandemic wave. For the whole of August, air passenger traffic was between 2 lakh – 2.3 lakh. On September 5, it crossed 2.5 lakh.
A Moneycontrol report said that nearly 55% of people who booked tickets on Yatra.com did so for flights at least 30 days away. Shares of Interglobe Aviation Ltd (NS: INGL ) aka Indigo Airlines, have risen almost 18% in the last month. However, Spicejet Ltd (NS: SPJT ) has struggled with only a 3% rise in the same period.
Airlines and travel operators now want the government to lift curbs on pricing and load limits. If that happens, expect more traffic to soar.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
50% have not received at least one dose of vaccination. The figure is 40%, which includes those that have received both doses.Like 0