Aridis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: NASDAQ: ARDS ) today announced positive feedback from the FDA on the Company’s proposed single confirmatory Phase 3 study of investigational monoclonal antibody candidate AR-301, which is being developed as an adjunctive therapy in combination with standard of care (SOC) antibiotics for the treatment of pneumonia caused by Gram-positive bacteria Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus) in mechanically ventilated hospitalized patients.
Key agreements with FDA:
- FDA agreed on the design of the single confirmatory Phase 3 superiority study required to support the submission of a Biologics License Application (BLA).
- FDA agreed to the proposed expansion of the confirmatory Phase 3 study in S. aureus ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP) patients to include ventilated hospital acquired pneumonia (HAP) and ventilated community acquired pneumonia (CAP) patients.
- The clinical efficacy endpoint will be the same endpoint of Clinical Cure of pneumonia on Day 21 used in the previous Phase 3 superiority trial AR-301-002. However, the primary efficacy endpoint will be in older adults ≥65 years of age - given that the absolute efficacy in the AR-301-002 Phase 3 study was higher in older adults than the overall population, i.e., +34% improvement on Day 21 (p= 0.057) and by +38% on Day 28 (p= 0.025) in older adults versus +11% improvement (p=0.24) in the overall population.
- The confirmatory AR-301-003 Phase 3 superiority study will be powered for efficacy in both the primary efficacy endpoint in adults ≥65 years of age, and for the key secondary efficacy endpoint in all study subjects (≥65 and <65 years of age)
“We are particularly gratified to reach concurrence with the FDA on the overall study design, endpoints, and patient populations,” said Aridis CEO Vu Truong. “This provides a clear clinical and regulatory pathway to bring AR-301 to patients with high unmet medical needs and enhances the opportunity for potential pharma partners.”
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.